No time is more approriate for a little self- examination than the beginning of a new year. Sparked by a rather painful personal relationship issue, I dig deep and look on the dark side – not just only my own less-than-perfect psyche but also the general emotions like envy, the need to vent or the need for recognition – and what happens if we are not mindful about the vibes we’re sending out. I go through ten lessons I have learned in the past few years that hopefully helped me become a more positive influence and a happier person to boot.
The ten lessons:
- Complaining is the first step. BUT NOT A STRATEGY FOR CHANGE
- If you keep doing the same thing, you can’t expect a different result
- Negativity is not helpful
- Just because I have high expectations of myself, doesn’t mean I should have them on behalf of everyone else
- You don’t know what lies behind a success
- When you’re envious of others, it’s because there’s something there that you want
- The grass is not greener
- The need for recognition is not a hole that can be filled
- Hurtful episodes can be turned into something positive
- Being positive is just as annoying as being negative
Hopefully these painful lessons can be an inspriration and a wake up call to others.
I found this podcast was helpful. I hit a similar all time low a few weeks ago when i realized my own indie comic was doomed. I was hanging around the wrong crowd online and all it did was get me mad and bring me down. so i finished off my comic series, dropped the online crowd and I’ve set my sights higher and Im actually much happier now that Ive left the clowns and the circus behind.
Palle Schmidt says
Thanks, Liam. Sounds like you made some good decisions and changes for the better. Appreciate the feedback!
Thank you Mr Palle
I appreciate your sensitivity
you makes me better